What is Medicare?
Medicare is a fee-for-service health care program for seniors, in which the government pays health care providers directly for services that fall under Parts A and B of Medicare benefits (see below). However, if you are looking for more coverage than Original Medicare, you can purchase one of our Medicare Advantage Plans to receive all your Part A and Part B benefits.
Medicare is divided into four categories. This allows you to customize your personal coverage when shopping for a comprehensive policy.
- Part A (hospital insurance): Covers hospital care, emergency services, nursing home care, home health services and hospice.
- Part B (medical insurance): Covers medically necessary services and supplies used for diagnosing and treating medical conditions, and preventative services for illness prevention and/or early detection. Examples include ambulance services, mental health care, outpatient procedures and clinical research.
- Part C: Combines Parts A and B and often part D as well.
- Part D: Offers prescription drug coverage.
What Medicare options are available?
Original Medicare offers coverage for services and supplies that are considered to be medically necessary, such as doctor visits, lab tests and wheelchairs. There are several alternative plans you can choose from for additional coverage, and each plan must offer at least the same coverage as Original Medicare. There are two Medicare plans that we can assist you with.
- A Medicare Advantage Plan, also known as Part C, combines Part A and Part B as a replacement to Medicare for more comprehensive health care coverage. This plan can be customized with additional coverage, such as a prescription drug program (Part D), vision and dental.
- A Medicare Supplemental Plan, also known as Medigap, has a higher premium but supplements the coverage gaps and deductibles that Part A and Part B leave behind.
Why do you need Medicare?
Seniors are in the most need of health care, but once retired monthly premiums can become hard to maintain. Enrolling in the Medicare program allows you to get the care you need for a minimal charge.
About Sun Coast Legacy Advisors P.L.
Sun Coast Legacy Advisors is an insurance brokerage in Central Florida helping individuals and families prepare for Medicare and retirement. Sun Coast Legacy Advisors specializes in educating clients about Medicare and providing an unbiased recommendation as to what plan will best meet their needs and budget. As an insurance brokerage, we offer the least expensive Medicare Supplements or Medigap Plans, as well as the most popular Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans in Central Florida.
Our clients come first. No exceptions. Before Sun Coast Legacy Advisors makes any recommendation we want to learn about you and your family. Our goal is to provide you with the Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage Plan or Part D Prescription Drug Plan to meet your needs.
Medicare is complicated and we believe it is important for you to have a good understanding of what Medicare is and the many options available - Medicare Supplements or Medigap Plans, Medicare Advantage Plans, Part D Prescription Drug Coverage. We want you to be able to make an informed decision and during this process Sun Coast Legacy Advisors is there to help.
For more information about Florida medicare plans, give Sun Coast Legacy Advisors P.L. a call at 888-455-5799 today!